This week’s Walking To Spring CSA pick up and organic egg share pick up are extra exciting: It’s the Main Street Farmers Market SPRING-A-MA-JIG!
Come enjoy the festivities as Main Street Farmers Market kicks off their 9th season as Chattanooga’s premier mid-week farmers market. This free event has something for the whole family! The Main Street Farmers Market is providing live music for the community during the Spring-A-Ma-Jig. Walter from Hoe Hop Valley Farm is preparing his famous pasture-raised chicken and pork for street-style tacos so you can eat while you shop. There will be activities for the kids to enjoy as well.
We have our own special going for Spring-A-Ma-Jig: 2 Red Leaf Lettuce for $5. All these nutritious greens are so versatile. Salad, soup, sauté, with eggs, green smoothies! Check out some awesome recipes and ways to preserve your bounty!
Ask about our Farmers Market Gift Share. You choose the price! Will make a perfect gift of health for you or a loved one! Call farm phone 423-637-9793.
This week we have on offer this week:
1. Chinese Napa Cabbage
2. Alpine Daikon Radish (Miso-Cultured Radish Pickles)
3. Red Scarlet Turnips
4. Red Leaf Lettuce (Cumin Roasted Sweet Potato & Avocado Salad)
5. Tender Collards
6. Swiss Chard (Dehydrated Greens)
7. Toscano Kale (The Best Kale Salad)
8. Young Spring Elephant Garlic
- Red Russian and Toscano Kale
- Tender Collard Greens (Green Tahini Sauce)
- White and Purple Kohlrabi (Raw Sesame Marinated Kohlrabi)
- Spicy Asian Mustard Greens (Indian Mustard Greens Sauce with Potatoes)
- Red Leaf Lettuce
- Green and Red Butter Lettuce (Fattoush Salad)
- Giant Ford Hook and Rainbow Swiss Chard
- Alpine Daikon Radish (samples provided)
- Hakurei Japanese Salad turnips and Red Scarlet turnips (samples provided)
- Edible Kale Flowers
- Variety of Herbs
Come by our booth and have some Lemon Balm and Sweet Mint Infused Water!