So I got these delicious and tender collards the other day. I tasted one. Crisp, fresh and delicious. Perfect for some lettuce style wraps only greener. This is really simple with no cooking time.
This truly savory soup is great for those cold winter days and nights. This dish does contain bacon and anchovies. If these ingredients don’t fit your diet, don’t fret. Just substitute mushrooms, a little more salt and some more garlic. Not all bacon is the same. Some is very smokey. Some is very salty. So taste as you season and always have ingredients prepped before you start cooking.
- 6 leaves of Ford Hook Swiss chard cut into 1/3 inch ribbons stems and all (you can use any greens for this recipe)
- 1/4 medium red onion cut julienne
- 3 tablespoons butter(split)
- 15 pieces 1/2 squares slices of sharp cheese (Cheddar, Gruetli, Gruyere, Comte)
- 4 farm fresh eggs beat and seasoned
- Salt and pepper
Have all ingredients prepped.
Turn broiler on in oven.
Place 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium/ medium-high heat.
You can serve hot or cold. Cut into squares or pie slices. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!