- 6 leaves of Ford Hook Swiss chard cut into 1/3 inch ribbons stems and all (you can use any greens for this recipe)
- 1/4 medium red onion cut julienne
- 3 tablespoons butter(split)
- 15 pieces 1/2 squares slices of sharp cheese (Cheddar, Gruetli, Gruyere, Comte)
- 4 farm fresh eggs beat and seasoned
- Salt and pepper
Have all ingredients prepped.
Turn broiler on in oven.
Place 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium/ medium-high heat.
Add half of butter into skillet.
If it isn’t sizzling turn it up, if it’s burning turn it down, if it’s sizzling and browning slightly your ready to go.
Add onions. Saute until tender and sweet, season with salt and pepper.
Place chard in pan, turn it gently to wilt, don’t fully cook we want texture, season with salt and pepper.
Cover pan evenly with the vegetables.
Add rest of butter in little pinches around the pan.
Once butter is melted, pour in eggs over the vegetables and cover bottom of pan.
Don’t fiddle with it! Let eggs cook for about one and a half minutes.
Add cheese and place under broiler until cheese is melted and eggs are set.
You can serve hot or cold. Cut into squares or pie slices. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!