Mark and Gina aren’t setting up at market tonight but they will be there to drop off pre-ordered items from 4:30-5pm. Be sure to stop by next week and grab some goodies!
Below is a quick recipe for kohlrabi. We hope you enjoy it!
Raw Sesame Marinated Kohlrabi
Recipe note: this marinade is great for cucumbers too!
- 1-1/3 pound kohlrabi (without the stems), about 5 small, peeled and sliced into finger length pieces (about 2″ long x 1/2″ wide)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon white or black sesame seeds, toasted
- Place kohlrabi pieces into a dish that holds them in a couple of layers (you don’t want them all stacked on top of each other or they won’t marinate evenly).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together to combine then pour over the kohlrabi. You can either serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and serve within a few days.
One thought on “Raw Sesame Marinated Kohlrabi”
Pingback: Weekly Farm Notes :: Nov 4th, 2015 | Tant Hill Farm