A neighbor of mine raved about this salad and although I haven’t tried it myself yet, I wanted to pass it along. She was quite adamant that it was THE best kale salad and I trust her judgment 🙂 It would be a great way to use items from the “Fall into Greens” CSA. Have you signed up yet? Stop by and talk to Mark and Gina about it tomorrow at market!
I wish I could give proper credit to whoever created this recipe but I am not sure where it originated!
The Best Kale Salad
- 1 bunch curly or Dino kale
- 1/4 head purple cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- De-stem and chop kale into small pieces. Shred cabbage on the large holes of a box grater. Mix together with red bell pepper, carrots, raisins and peanuts.
- In a small food processor (or you can whisk by hand) combine remaining ingredients and process until fully blended.
- Pour dressing over salad and massage for 1-2 minutes. Let the dressing soak in a bit before serving.