If you haven’t used the pak choi from last weeks share yet, give this quick, flavorful recipe a try. I used two heads of pak choi because I had one left over from last week but you can easily cut the dressing ingredients in half if you just have one. I plan to serve this with a quick ramen soup but I think it would be great with salmon or tofu and served on rice. I would suggest serving it immediately after tossing the pak choi with the dressing as it will start to wilt and soften fairly quickly.
Have a great weekend!
Raw Spicy Pak Choi Salad
adapted from One Good Dish by David Tanis
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sorghum syrup or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium heads of pak choi, about 1-3/4 pounds total, trimmed, cleaned, and ribs and leaves thinly sliced (about 1/8″ thick)
- Handful of shelled edamame (optional)
- Whisk all ingredients except pak choi together in a medium mixing bowl until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Toss with pak choi and edamame, if using, and serve.