This is just a quick post to share a recipe I made this week. It is inspired by this recipe from the 101 Cookbooks blog. I changed a few things but the base is the same – quinoa, kale and edamame baked in muffin tins. It is nutritious, fast to prepare and will provide a number of quick meals you can eat on the run. We hope you enjoy it!
Quinoa & Kale Bites
makes 12 muffin bites
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (from about 1 cup raw quinoa)
- 1/2 packed cup of cooked finely chopped kale or other tender greens
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded Manchego or cheese of choice
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (from about 3 medium cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest (from about 1/4 of a large lemon)
- Salt to taste (will depend on saltiness of cheese; I used 3/4 teaspoon table salt)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat to 350 degrees.
- Spray a standard 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Fill each muffin tin almost to the top with the mixture and pat down lightly to even out the top. Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins are set and they are golden brown around the sides. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely before storing in the refrigerator.