At a loss for how to use your pak choi? Give this easy, delicious recipe a try. I made it super simple by just using pak choi but you could beef it up with other veggies or protein (steamed carrots and cubed tofu come to mind). We hope you like it!
Triple Sesame Noodles with Pak Choi
makes 6-8 servings
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 large head of pak choi
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer to a large container, toss with sesame seed oil and set aside.
- Slice off the root end of the pak choi and separate the leaves from the stalks. Slice both the leaves and the stalks about 1/2″ thick and clean thoroughly. Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high in a 12″ non-stick skillet until just smoking. Add the stalks and cook until the first side has started to brown, about 1-2 minutes. Stir and allow the other side to cook through and start to brown, another minute or two. Add the leaves and cook until wilted, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a colander if there appears to be some liquid in the pan. Then transfer to the bowl with the spaghetti.
- Whisk the tahini, soy sauce, water, honey and garlic in a small mixing bowl until completely combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Pour over the noodles and pak choi and toss to combine. Transfer to individual serving bowls and top with the toasted sesame seeds.