Do you love Greek yogurt as much as I do? Yes, it’s more expensive than regular yogurt but it is oh-so-creamy and delicious. If you can stop yourself from eating it straight out of the container (when drizzled with honey, watch out) then you will love this sauce.
Tzatziki is a Greek sauce traditionally made with shredded cucumbers but here I used radishes and green onions instead. I served it with falafel but you could use it as a dip for pita chips…or you can eat it with a spoon 🙂
Radish & Green Onion Tzatziki
makes about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use Fage brand)
- 4-5 medium radishes, grated on the medium holes of a box grater (should be about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended. If you are making this ahead, you may want to salt the radishes to draw out excess moisture. Otherwise, the sauce will be thinned out a bit by the liquid from the radishes.