You are receiving tatsoi in your CSA share this week so I wanted to share this really fast and flavorful recipe that I made a few weeks ago. There isn’t much to it so I would suggest serving it as a side dish or adding some protein to make it a complete meal. Enjoy!
Pasta with Tatsoi & Gingered Butter Sauce
Serves 4-6 as a main dish, 6-8 as a side dish
- 1 pound pasta (I used penne but really anything would work)
- 1/2 pound (1 medium head) of tatsoi
- 1-2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions then drain and set aside.
- Remove the root end of the tatsoi and thinly slice the stems and leaves, taking care to keep them separate.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a 12″ traditional skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the stems and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and just starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the sake, bring to a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter 1 tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated. Add the tatsoi leaves and stir until wilted. Toss with the pasta and season to taste.