Just a quick post with a salad dressing idea for those bold, spicy greens. I can eat a whole plate of arugula mixed with nothing but this dressing. Make it a meal and add some protein, your favorite nuts and whatever veggies you have available. Enjoy those healthful greens!
A Sweetened Dressing for Spicy Greens
makes about 1/3 cup
Recipe note: I love the flavor and slight sweetness in sherry vinegar but you could also use balsamic vinegar.
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sorghum syrup, maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together until fully combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.