Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes, Basil, and Pine Nuts:
- 1 large Spaghetti Squash
- 1 cup of tAnt Hill Farm’s Matts Wild Cherry Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of tAnt Hill Farm’s Volunteer Sun Gold Cherry Tomatoes, or Taxi Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of backyard Fresh Basil, chopped
- ¼ cup of Pine Nuts
- 1 cup of Zucchini, diced
- ½ cup of Red Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. of BeginAgin Farm’s Garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. of Parmesan Cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional Meat Addition: Link 41 “Finn” Sausage, browned and diced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut Spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place both halves, cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Add ¼ cup of water to the pan. Bake at 375 degrees until squash is soft when pressed (40 min-1 hour).
While squash is baking, sauté red onion, zucchini, garlic and pine nuts with a teaspoon of olive oil over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine sautéed onion, zucchini, garlic, pine nuts with tomatoes and basil. Add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Add in browned local sausage, if using.
Remove spaghetti squash from oven and scrape with a fork to form strands, while it is still warm. Add spaghetti squash to the large bowl of ingredients and stir to combine.
Place all contents in a casserole dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese and slightly brown the veggies.
Garnish with fresh local basil and enjoy!